Committees shall be appointed by the Board Chairman, the duties of which are herein prescribed:
SECTION 1. CREDENTIALS COMMITTEE
The Credentials Committee shall consist of three (3) members of the Board. The Committee shall:
- Review all completed applications.
- Conduct a comprehensive investigation of each applicant, including his standing in the community as an ethical physician and a specialist in anesthesiology, in accordance with the requirements for examination specified in these Bylaws and the established policies of the Board. A personal interview may be required.
- Prepare a complete report, with recommendations for each applicant, for presentation to the Board at its next annual meeting.
SECTION 2. EXAMINATION COMMITTEE
The Examination Committee shall consist of a Chairman and no fewer than two (2) members of the Board. The Examination Committee shall:
- Plan and prepare for the conduct of examinations in the fields of practice under the jurisdiction of this Board and report any special rules governing the examinations to the Board at the annual meeting.
- Prepare written and oral examination questions and present these questions to the Board for approval.
- Appoint all examiners for the written, oral and clinical examinations.
- Report these appointments and arrangements to the Secretary-Treasurer and corresponding secretary, with instructions to be sent to applicants and examiners.
- Conduct the examinations and report the results to the Board.
SECTION 3. RULES COMMITTEE
The Rules Committee shall consist of the Chairman and Secretary-Treasurer of the Board and one other member appointed by the Chairman. The Committee shall study and devise improvements in the Bylaws and in the rules and regulations governing the activities of the Board.
SECTION 4. NOMINATING COMMITTEE
The Nominating Committee shall consist of three (3) members, appointed by the Chairman, one of whom shall be designated Chairman. The Committee shall nominate three (3) members of the Board to serve as Chairman, Vice Chairman, and Secretary-Treasurer for a term of one (1) year. The report of the Nominating Committee shall be submitted to the Board and the election held on the last day of the annual meeting.
SECTION 5. EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
The Executive Committee shall consist of the officers of the Board. The Committee shall meet and conduct business as needed. All business transacted by the Executive Committee shall be reported to the full Board within thirty (30) days of the meeting. The Executive Committee shall meet at the call of the Chairman or upon written request of any two (2) members.
SECTION 6. AD HOC COMMITTEES
The Chairman of the Board may, from time to time, establish Ad Hoc Committees to carry out specific objectives, subject to approval by the Board. After an Ad Hoc Committee’s mission has been accomplished, it will be dis-solved.