The officers of the AOBA shall be a Chairman, Vice Chairman, and Secretary-Treasurer. The officers shall be elected by the Board during its annual meeting and shall serve for a term of one (1) year or until such time as their successors are elected.
SECTION 1. CHAIRMAN
The Chairman shall preside at all meetings, appoint all committees, schedule all meetings of the Board, supervise all examinations, and sign all certificates issued by the AOBA. The Chairman shall be Chairman of the Examination Committee, may be a BOS representative and shall be an ex-officio member of all other committees except the Nominating Committee.
SECTION 2. VICE-CHAIRMAN
The Vice Chairman shall preside at all meetings of the Board in the absence of the Chairman and assist the Chairman in the discharge of the duties of that office, and assume the duties of the chairman in event of the death or resignation of the chairman.
SECTION 3. SECRETARY-TREASURER
The Secretary-Treasurer shall:
- Be a member of the Rules Committee.
- In cooperation with the AOA central office, keep a record of all proceedings, transactions, and rulings of the Board, all examination papers and case records and all old and current basic documents in compliance with the Records Retention Policy of the BOS.
- Maintain a record of all diplomates of the Board.
- Have printed and distributed all certificates, application forms, and circulars of information authorized by the Board and necessary for the proper functioning of the Board.
- Provide all applicants with the requirements for examination, certification and recertification.
- Sign all certificates issued by the Board.
- Prepare the complete files and other pertinent information in support of recommendations for certification and recertification for presentation to the AOA.
- Prepare the annual and midyear reports for the BOS as requested.
- Notify the Chairman and Secretary of the BOS and the AOA Executive Director of the officers elected by the Board and of the appointments of BOS representatives.
- Receive, protect and disburse the funds of the Board, and issue an accounting of all funds at the annual meeting or at such other times as requested by the Chairman of the Board.
- Prepare a financial statement for submission to the AOA in accordance with established AOA require-ments.
- The funds of the organization shall be kept in a bank(s) designated by the Board. Checks drawn against the account(s) of the Board shall require the signature of one of the officers of the Board. The Board may also appoint a designee, as determined by the Board, to expedite the payment of invoices and reimbursements in a timely fashion.
- The accounts of the Board shall be audited every three (3) years or when a new Secretary-Treasurer is elected. The cost of the audit shall be paid from the funds of the Board.
- The Secretary-Treasurer may be bonded at such times and in such amounts as the Board may determine. The cost of the bond shall be paid from the funds of the Board.
SECTION 4. SPECIAL APPOINTMENTS
By special appointment the Board may appoint a corresponding secretary and consultants whose duties shall be as herein prescribed:
- Corresponding Secretary – The Board may appoint a corresponding secretary whose duties shall be to assist the chairman and Secretary-Treasurer in whatever capacity and/or function may be designated.
- Consultants – The Board may appoint consultants whose duties shall be defined by the Board.